Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Organization: Decisions and Holy Grails

Today, I looked at my desk. It looked back...mocking me. I decided I wasn't going to let my desk 'dis' me like that. And I had a re-visitation of starry host singing hallelujah and radiant glory shining down upon me. And behold, a revelation on how to decide what to title the six sections in my (possible) Holy Grail of Organizational Tools for the Piler, the Pendaflex Smartfile appeared! It was so simple, it was practically absurd.

Thou shalt start sorting through the papers on thy desk and see what kind of piles develop. Then shall thee consolidate, if necessary, to achieve Six Categories. When thou hast discovered the Six Categories,  label the Index Sheet with the categories in the most logical (for thou) order...frequency of use. Then shall thou becomest organized.

My messy desk before...

This is what I came up with to label my new best friend, Mr. Pendaflex

 And this is my nice, clean desk. It did NOT take me six hours to clean this time! It took about an hour and a half, including interruptions from the children. 

  
This is our bill organizing system. It has actually worked very well. I try to empty the old bills every 3-6 months.

We keep everything we need to manage the bills in there...calculator, paper, pencils, etc. so it's just grab it and get to work without searching all over the house for stuff (usually). There are pockets of resistance to clutter in my home...hoping to change that to just pockets of clutter resisting organization!

So, desk, take that. I am now Organized...and everyone else...check back again to see how well the Pendaflex Pilesmart Project Sorter has lived up to its Holy Grail-ness...


This is not a solicited endorsement of the Pendaflex PileSmart Project Sorter. I just really think I found something that will work this time!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can
    survive a thirty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know
    this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    My webpage - 500 fast cash

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate that you took the time to read my blog and leave a comment! And as much as I hate to do it, I had to not allow Anonymous users to comment anymore...and turn on that annoying word verification. Too much spam Sorry!

Check for Swagcodes Here!

Integrity is a Lost Virtue, but I Choose to:

BlogWithIntegrity.com