Friday, April 1, 2011

gPod…Trusting God in Spite of It All

Ever wake up with a song in your head? Something that speaks to a situation you’re facing? It’s like God is saying “don’t worry about it, I’ve got it under control…it’s all good!” And kind of like an iPod download…only I call it a gPod…you know, GodPod. Ok, corny…but still, I love free music downloads…especially ones that encourage me and lift my spirits!

I had some disappointment yesterday…long-awaited hopes dashed yet again. But this morning, I awoke with  I Will Follow dancing through my head. I love this song…Chris Tomlin is an amazing artist, and his music touches my soul. 

Hearing “all your ways are good, all your ways are sure, I will trust in You alone” first thing when I woke up today encourages me that in spite of how my plans have been derailed, God’s ways are good and I can trust Him.

I Will Follow (Chris Tomlin)
Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my sight
High above my life
I will trust in you alone
 
Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow

Thanks God…I really need this today. I was feeling like You played a dirty trick on me yesterday…or April Fool’s came a day early. Forgive me for not trusting You…help me keep my eyes on You and not on the situation at hand.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New King James Version)

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate that you took the time to read my blog and leave a comment! And as much as I hate to do it, I had to not allow Anonymous users to comment anymore...and turn on that annoying word verification. Too much spam Sorry!

Check for Swagcodes Here!

Integrity is a Lost Virtue, but I Choose to:

BlogWithIntegrity.com