Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Homekeeper's Journal 1-19-2011

 Click above to participate in the Home Keeper's Journal!


In my homey kitchen …..
It's clean! It's clean! It's clean! And there is sticky rice soaking for lunch later today. Having a friend over for Bang Bang Chicken and sticky rice...haven't seen her in at least 6 years so I'm really looking forward to our lunch today and to meeting her cutie pie little boy!
My thoughts on being at home ……
I know this is where I belong...I just hate that I can't seem to "get it together" when it comes to being organized and keeping on top of clutter and cleaning. I don't want to be anywhere else, I love this job! But when I look back on from whence I came, I'm amazed. God is faithful. God is good. And God is not done with me yet...thankfully...
A constant habit I have of making my home comfortable is ….
Constant habit...hhhmmmm....I'm not sure on this one. My constant habits seem to be being inconsistent and being to out-of-sight-out-of-mind-y. If I had to choose something, it would be making delicious and nourishing meals.
If I could change the decor of my home ….
Definitely new furniture and family pictures on the walls. And less stuff, more open space.
What I want my children/spouse/other family to remember about my home is …
… that it was a comfortable, inviting place where they could be themselves and feel welcome. (copying from the Christian Homekeeper Network...I'm working on this one, but that is what I would like)
Home …
is where I want to be...with my family and friends...doing the work set before me and letting the love of Christ flow through me. I miss that mark way too often, but I'm constantly working toward that and I know that God is helping me get there.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog entry. I love your last thought on Home........very true.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate that you took the time to read my blog and leave a comment! And as much as I hate to do it, I had to not allow Anonymous users to comment anymore...and turn on that annoying word verification. Too much spam Sorry!

Check for Swagcodes Here!

Integrity is a Lost Virtue, but I Choose to:

BlogWithIntegrity.com